Laser Cutting Tidbits:
- Laser cutting uses a laser to cut materials; it is typically used for industrial manufacturing applications.
- Today some schools, small businesses, and hobbyists are starting to use laser cutting.
- It is worked by directing a high-power laser most commonly through optics.
- Laser optics and CNC are used to direct the material or laser beam.
- A typical laser uses a motion control system or a CNC or G-Code of the pattern to be cut on the material. (Laser Excel uses AutoCAD to do this)
- The laser beam is directed at the material, which then melts, vaporizes away, or is blown away by gas.
- Laser cutting leaves a high quality polished edge.
Leave a Reply