So you want to start stenciling?
So, you want to start stenciling?!
Here is a short list of what you will need to help get you started:
- Yup you guessed it, you’re going to need a stencil. We can custom make your stencils right here at Laser Excel, LLC. Just give us a call to get started!
- Paint.. Depending on your project – acrylic craft paint, house paint, chalk paint, enamel, fabric paint, stencil creams, even pan pastels.
- Paint applicators. A paint brush (flat head stiff bristle stencil brush) or foam bushes, paint roller if this is the application tool of your choice, sponge stencil daubers
- A palette. Most people use a plate, any kind including a paper plate (cheap and quick cleanup) will work.
- Paper towels or paper bag. Used to daub excess paint on to get that dry brush consistency with your application tool.
- Sponges. House hold and/or sea sponges…an alternate application tool. Good for stenciling large areas.
- Masking tape. Used to hold the stencil in place.
- Spray adhesive. This is a great tool to hold the stencil in place for certain applications.
- A surface to paint on. Walls, wood, glass, paper, plastics, fabric, canvas, perhaps even the side of a barn.
The world is your canvas! Happy Stenciling!
The image was created using a stencil at Laser Excel. Hand painted by Lilah Farrell, a graphic artist at Laser Excel.